2023-2024 RLA STAAR Resources
- There will be a 75% cap on multiple choice items. Sample new item types can be found here.
- Informational reading passages will be cross-curricular and tied to other content areas (math, science, social studies, fine arts, technology). In TEKS Resource System, you can find a list of books related to math and science concepts under the "Resources" tab in those content areas.
- All students in grades 3-EOC II will be required to WRITE on the RLA STAAR assessment in response to a reading passage in the form of a short constructed response (SCR) and/or extended constructed response (ECR).
- Every grade level will have an extended constructed response prompt that will be either informational or argumentative.
- The 2023 Released STAAR test can be found here.
- Locate additional information including rationales, released items, and answer keys here.
- Find STAAR Redesign information, videos, updated blueprints, and assessed curriculum documents here.